Division of University Advancement
The mission of the Division of University Advancement is to facilitate support for Louisiana Tech University’s goals, objectives, programs and activities through effective communication with the University’s internal and external publics. This division includes the Louisiana Tech Alumni Association and the Louisiana Tech University Foundation.
The mission of the Louisiana Tech Alumni Association is to increase the level of awareness and support for the University's goals, objectives, programs and activities through effective communication with the many constituencies of the University.
The Louisiana Tech University Foundation was established to provide a means whereby alumni and friends of the University can provide support for the educational mission of the University. The Foundation’s mission is "To promote the educational and cultural welfare of Louisiana Tech University and all departments thereof, and to develop, expand and improve the University's facilities so as to provide broader educational advantages and opportunities, encourage research and increase the University's usefulness to the citizens of Louisiana and the United States of America."
The Louisiana Tech University Foundation serves a large number of objectives in support of the University, and five purposes shape its core values and missions:
- to secure private gifts as a resource distinct from state and institutional resources;
- to enlist and use key volunteers in development endeavors on behalf of the institution;
- to engage prospective donors in the University's dreams and aspirations, and steward their investments of time and money;
- to provide a vehicle for important university activities, ventures, and service, such as acquiring real estate by gift or purchase that the University cannot pursue (at least not in a timely manner) because of statutory or regulatory restrictions; and
- to strengthen the University's public image and create an environment conducive to financial support.
Louisiana Tech Athletic Club (LTAC)
The Louisiana Tech Athletic Club (LTAC) is the athletic fundraising arm of the Division of University Advancement. Its mission is to support the more than 400 student-athletes and their pursuit of academic and athletic excellence. Alumni, former athletes, friends and fans can join LTAC and be supporters of Louisiana Tech Athletics. Monies donated to LTAC are directed for scholarships, facility enhancement, coaches’ salary supplements, and special earmarks or projects. Every day, needs arise that are met through the generous contributions of LTAC members.
Marbury Alumni Center
900 Tech Drive
Ruston, LA 71270
P.O. Box 3183
Ruston, LA 71272-3183